Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Only 2000 To Be Available In The States

15K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  rdlviper 
#1 ·
There is bad news for people in the US who want to get their hands on the 2016 Ford Focus RS as the vehicle is going to be very rare with around 2000 of the cars being available in the states.
I found this bit of news on nseavoice.com. There was no mention of when they would produce and ship more to the states but for now, the whole country will have to fight over those 2000 units.

#18 ·
It seems like there may be some truth to the allocation of 2000 units for the states.

From nseavoice.com:
Many are showing great affection for the next-gen Focus RS but Ford has confirmed that they will be producing the vehicle in limited numbers. In detail, only 2000 units of the Focus RS will be sold here in the US and this means that fans of the car will have to act fast if they wish to own one.
Not sure if limited is 2000 specifically but it's probably in small numbers.

#35 ·
It just seems like Ford should supply dealers with them as long as they have customers that are ordering them. Some type of allocation has to be done with the limited supply so that too many don't end up in certain places (NYC, LA, etc...) but otherwise I don't see why they should refuse if someone is willing to pay up.

#36 ·
Canada Focus RS

Went to a dealership in Calgary and asked if I could put a non-refundable deposit down on an RS. They said no, unless you are an owner of multiple Ford dealerships or very connected to one that I shouldn't expect to be able to purchase an RS for 2-3 years. They also said anyone taking deposits is most likely doing it to bait you into a GT in the spring when they don't get any RS's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.