Fiesta RS is coming! - Ford Focus RS Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Post Fiesta RS is coming!

I made this throwaway account to share some important information with y'all. I work for a Ford supplier here in Michigan. We manufacture headlights, drivetrain parts, various subassemblies, and all kinds of other parts for GM, Ford, FCA, and a few foreign automakers like Honda.

Ford has an internal product timeline that is shared with automotive suppliers. This isn't the latest and greatest timeline used by the Ford engineering teams -- this is a timeline that's a step back from that one, and indicates products that are on the path to manufacturing and eventual launch (usually 2 years or so later). The other day, I WAS SO EXCITED to see the FIESTA RS on the timeline. I don't know all the details, as I don't work for Ford HQ, but it looks like there are AWD components that need to be manufactured.

So the FIESTA RS IS COMING guys, and the rumors that the Fiesta RS will use the Focus RS AWD are probably spot on!

I was thinking HARD about buying a Focus RS, but I think I'm going to wait for the Fiesta RS. Compact turbo AWD manual hatch for less than $30k likely...dear God this will be a fun car. An Audi S1 of sorts, for the US.

I don't know how many questions I can answer, but I'll try to respond the best I can. I will then re-join the forum at a later date under a real account, not mentioning this one.
boost_me likes this.
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NailAndHammer View Post
I made this throwaway account to share some important information with y'all. I work for a Ford supplier here in Michigan. We manufacture headlights, drivetrain parts, various subassemblies, and all kinds of other parts for GM, Ford, FCA, and a few foreign automakers like Honda.

Ford has an internal product timeline that is shared with automotive suppliers. This isn't the latest and greatest timeline used by the Ford engineering teams -- this is a timeline that's a step back from that one, and indicates products that are on the path to manufacturing and eventual launch (usually 2 years or so later). The other day, I WAS SO EXCITED to see the FIESTA RS on the timeline. I don't know all the details, as I don't work for Ford HQ, but it looks like there are AWD components that need to be manufactured.

So the FIESTA RS IS COMING guys, and the rumors that the Fiesta RS will use the Focus RS AWD are probably spot on!

I was thinking HARD about buying a Focus RS, but I think I'm going to wait for the Fiesta RS. Compact turbo AWD manual hatch for less than $30k likely...dear God this will be a fun car. An Audi S1 of sorts, for the US.

I don't know how many questions I can answer, but I'll try to respond the best I can. I will then re-join the forum at a later date under a real account, not mentioning this one.
Good looking, thanks for the share. Logically it makes sense, at the RS launch they said not only do they want to use the AWD system elsewhere but that they want to turn RS into its own sub brand of sorts...

I wonder if they'll rework the 1 liter slightly or they stuff something larger in there???

Do keep us posted...
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 08:39 AM

nice.

I've been reading up on the possibility of this happening for quite some time now there was always a ton of potential for it, especially with Fords goal of having 12 developed performance vehicles by 2020, but seeing a report like this makes it all even better

It's expected as a 2017 model year vehicle, making at least 250BHP with an AWD setup.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 09:19 AM

That would be a GREAT rivalry with the Polo R, a few of the mates are already all uppity about the little R.

BRING IT BACK!!!

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Garage
This would definitely replace my current Fiat Abarth if it was AWD and in a decent price range.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

For site support please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 09:27 AM

Mike Duff at Car and Driver seems to be on the same page as you...

and he raises some valid points:

Quote:
Why It Matters: The Fiesta ST has vindicated Ford’s decision to bring a subcompact hot hatch to the U.S. Over here, barring the challenge from the angry little Fiat 500 Abarth and the far more Gucci Mini Cooper S, it has the small-but-fast market pretty much to itself. But back in Europe, the ST competes against some very serious competition, much of which—like the Audi S1 and the forthcoming Volkswagen Polo R—outguns it on power and drives all four wheels. Although we’re not convinced the Fiesta RS would be (or would need to be) four-wheel drive, we can certainly see a compelling role for a faster Fiesta to help Ford stay on terms with the competition.
The only thing I can see holding back the project is cost creep. Fiesta RS would be priced in a precarious position in between Fiesta ST and Focus ST which may be more difficult then thought to drum up demand hot a HOT HOT hatch... at least in North America IMO...

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...d-details-news
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 10:45 AM

Tyrone Johnson of Ford Performance had a good chat with Autocar...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...sta-rs-planned

Quote:
Johnson wouldn’t say whether the new Fiesta model would be badged as a faster or replacement version of the ST, or as an RS. However, he confirmed that the performance version would be based on the current chassis, meaning that it would be launched at some point within the next two and a half years.

“There’s more to come from the current Fiesta,” he said, adding that the decision had been made after the global success of the standard Fiesta ST, which was launched in 2013.

Pointby likes this.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 03:41 PM

Going off that information, it should be a 2017 model at best, and that's what the rumors seem to say as well from a simple google search
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion View Post
Going off that information, it should be a 2017 model at best, and that's what the rumors seem to say as well from a simple google search
Focus is a 2017 Model...If anything we see Fiesta RS show up in 2017 as a 2018 model...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 11:58 AM

but still, whats changed this time around. LAst time the business case wasn't good enough...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page